ASSOCIATE LIBRARIAN - Spanish Services (Inglewood)
Under general supervision, provides materials, resources and programs within a division of the Library to the general public, and participates and supervises work activities of assigned staff. The current vacancies is within Spanish Services.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Assists in the selection, ordering and cataloging books, periodicals, government documents and other materials; Examines and selects materials to be withdrawn, discarded, outdated, repaired and replaced;
- Assists patrons/public in selection and location of books and materials;
- Develops and conducts programs as orientations, projects and learning sessions for the public;
- Provides reference service to assist public with questions, advise readers, provide instruction and monitor the use of the catalog system, on-line service, and public access of computers;
- Researches requests for information by users;
- Supervises and trains staff in performance of tasks, assists in the interpretation and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Assists in the preparation of Library’s budget and monitors expenditure to prepares and completes statistical reports;
- Creates and designs flyers, brochures, and bibliographies for distribution and edits and proofreads print materials;
- Attends and participates in meetings, workshops, conferences and programs.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities for the betterment of the Library Services Division.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledgeable of Department policies and procedures, community resources and quality customer service techniques and concepts; Skilled in working within deadlines to complete projects, developing and implementing library programs and services, and establishing and maintaining productive working relationship; and of diverse Hispanic Cultures.
- Ability to perform essential duties with little supervision, effectively communicate with both internal and external customers, and to implement successful supervisory principles and concepts.
- Ability to proficiently read, write and speak proper English and Spanish is required.